9/5/08

One-Thousand Words


By Keith Fisher

It’s getting cooler out, time to bring out your soup and stew recipes. Nothing better on a cold afternoon of raking leaves than a hot bowl of chili and homemade bread. Since summer is all but over it’s time to shift gears and put on warmer clothes. Don’t let your pots rust.

Growing up in what I call the media generation, 1957-1980. I learned the value of a good object lesson. We had media pushed on us. Most of us realized a person learns better if they’re shown, rather than told. So I use pictures, video, and objects to teach and explain.

I looked on Picasa the other day and discovered that I have posted 129 pictures on this blog since I started posting in May. If it’s true what they say, that each picture is worth a thousand words. Then I have posted 129,000 words.

So, let’s get out our pictures and show how fun our summer was. We can speak volumes about how much fun we’re having, and tell others about our love of outdoor cooking without ever saying a word. I’ll get us started by posting my summer collage. You send yours to me and I’ll post them here if you want. Let’s cheer each other’s camping and backyard culinary successes.


It has been a busy summer, with many successful dinners, Parties and camping trips. Friends and family relationships renewed. Now, I look forward to the winter. To cooking in my carport, finding an inner desire to entertain. Cooking lunch while ice fishing, elk hunt, and tailgate parties. Stick around my friends the fun has just begun. If you put your gear away to go into the house to vegetate, we’ll drag you off the sofa and force you to peel the cousins of that couch potato you would turn into.





Return to the Neighborhood.

No comments: